Some Metadefender Core administrators want Metadefender Core logs sent to a directory other than the one Metadefender Core uses by default. If you have this requirement, follow the guidelines here:
- Create new folders "data" and "log" under the new location you want to use as the destination for log files.
- Open the registry editor and navigate to this location: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\OPSWAT\Metascan"
- Change the "mongo_data_dir" default value "C:\Program Files (x86)\OPSWAT\Metadefender Core (X)\Mongo\data\" with the path of the "data" folder that you've created in the step 1
- Change the "mongo_log_dir" default value "C:\Program Files (x86)\OPSWAT\Metadefender Core (X)\Mongo\log\" with the path of the "log" folder that you've created in the step 1
- Open Task Manager -> select Process tab -> locate mongod.exe process -> right click on the process and choose End Process Tree to kill it.
- Open Services -> restart Metascan service
- Check if Metadefender Core populated the folders where you moved the logs.